Tuesday, January 4, 2011

DAY 2

Last night, I had a dream that I eat a TON of ice cream and I was seriously like the last scene from Dodgeball where Ben Stiller is singing "My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard"! Weird. It was a weird mood to get up in... it's that mind-set that "wow. you've given up already?" Since, my waking moment had been quite the otherwise.

Sleep
A little less than 8 hours... a little more if you include the snooze button.

WOD
I had all of my gym clothes with me in the bag. On my way home from work and toward the gym, I decided it would be too much of a time-crunch.
330 - leave work
400 - start "red-shirt" warmup
430-530 - CrossFit class
530-600 - Stretch "my business"... yeah, my lifetime lack of stretching leads to a lot of catch-up
... - drive home, shower, eat, and get ready
630 - At the college

I figured that if anything could give it would be my stretching a.k.a. recovery. If I'm doing ALL of this (everything detailed in this blog) but I skip on my recovery, I would be really missing the point. I'll just do a makeup workout tomorrow (which would've been a Rest Day for me).

MWOD
COUCH-STRETCH - check... I highly recommend this stretch for anyone who sits. ever.

Food/Supplement Log
BREAKFAST
- 2 poached eggs
- 1 oz salmon leftovers
- handful of blueberries
- handful of macadamias
- 16 oz coffee w/ HWC
- Multi-vitamin, Vitamin D, 1 tbsp Fish Oil, 1/2 Tbsp olive leaf complex
- 8 oz water to wash it all down

LUNCH
- 3 lamb burger-in-a-bowl (it's just without the bun. lettuce, tomato, onion, condiments)
- 4 oz blueberries
- 1/3 cup macadamias (when I get in a macadamia mood, watch out!)
- sipped on 30 oz water
- 1 tbsp fish oil, olive leaf complex, 1 Nuun tab

DINNER
Robb Wolf wanted us to have a little Rotisserie Chicken. My magnificent wife one-upped him!
- Crock-Pot duck! I love duck. It might be my Asian roots.
- Broccoli Chips
- little bit of blueberries and macadamia nuts (I know, I'm a addicted!)
- you guessed it - 1 tbsp fish oil

SNACK
- leftover Duck... not many of you get to do that during a college class
- 1/2 cup carrots
- 1/4 almonds
- little bit of orange slices to keep me awake
- 7 Ultra-EPA/DHA tabs = 1 tbsp fish oil... it would be weird to guzzle that in the class.
- Cal-Mag to put me to help me relax when I got home

Notes on the day: If you want to cut fat faster, Robb recommends 1 serving of fruit per day tops, and 1-2 oz of nuts tops. Needs some work, but not too shabby!

AofM
I grew up around my dad shining his shoes for work all the time (20 years in the Navy), my older sister was in ROTC, Joe was in ROTC and is now in the Navy, I used to work for a 4-diamond resort... so I've seen a shoe or two shined. I love shoes with a good polish. Nothing is more distracting than a nice suit and scuffed up shoes... unless it's white socks.

This was a treat to be honest. It's something about that extreme focus on detail that clears the mind. I had a rough day at work, meetings, phone calls, rushed to get around, then class in the evening. I remember at one point in the day where I was literally shaking in the knees from stress (and maybe my quads were tired from yesterday's WOD). Shining my shoes to a little Frank Sinatra just made it all seem well. Just thinking about times I wore these shoes and the happiness of those days. Barlean's had our most successful year yet, so we threw a ball and had a ball. Some friends got married in the summer and I danced the night away in these shoes; Jenene and I decided to let loose as a celebration of finding out she is pregnant. Christmas party with Barleans'; this party reminds us that we are truly playing a big part in the big picture of health and we are appreciated. At church, Jenene and I dressed up for Christmas candlelight service which is always a delight in itself. I looked at these slick shoes and notice that they are barely broken in. There is more dancing to be done, more good times to be had, and happiness to share. Better thoughts could not have come at a better time, and it's a great way to end a big day.

Stay classy, San Diego.

No comments: