Saturday, January 8, 2011

DAY 6

AofM
UPDATE YOUR RESUME

I'll be honest. I worked on my resume, but I didn't finish it nor gave it sufficient attention. I love the places that I'm at right with Barlean's and Jogo, so this seems unnecessary for the time being. There are also a couple of things that are still in progress.; I'm in more of a "build my resume" stage. For example, I'm currently going back to school to FINALLY wrap up my Transfer Degree, then I plan to apply for Western's Kinesiology program. There are a couple smaller things here and there but that's the "broad stroke of the paintbrush". I'll wrap this up this week... but you won't get to see it... unless you make me a HUGE offer. ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Sleep
6 hours. I got up early (VERY early for a Saturday) to drive down to Seattle to do a Hydrostatic Body Fat Test. I usually wouldn't do this, but I'm very committed to getting precise numbers for before and after this whole healing experiment. Results below.

WOD
Jogo Bros! - the dudes at the gym got together for a little Mad-Date of Bromance! HOOAH!
WOD 1: 1 Rep Max (1RM) Bench Press - 225#
WOD 2: Max Rep Test @ 70% - 185# x 9

If you do the math, 70% of 225 isn't 185. I got over-zealous because this was finally I workout I could fully participate in. Plus we were grunting and hitting each other, so I got fired up! jk.

MWOD
"Bully Stretch" - CHECK!
The mobility exercises from yesterday and today are a perfect combination for today's WOD. Feels good!

Food/Supplement Log
BREAKFAST
- 3 eggs
- 16 oz coffee w/ HWC
- Multi, enzyme, fish oil, vitamin D, 8 oz water

SECOND BREAKFAST
- Andouille and Crawfish Scramble (minus potatoes) from Bayou On Bay.
- Side of Sweet Potato Fries to share
If you haven't been to Bayou On Bay for Brunch or at all for that matter, do yourself a favor and DO IT!
- arthrogenx, enzyme, fish oil, 8 oz water

LUNCH
- Paleo Turkey stuffing
- a few orange slices
- enzymes, fish oil

DINNER
- Paleo Turkey stuffing
- a few orange slices
- enzymes, fish oil, 20 oz water

SNACK
- leftover duck
- pistachios
- cal-mag, arthrogenx, 16 oz water

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Results from the Body Fat Test:
Weight Lean Body Mass Fat Mass Body Fat
205 165.5 39.5 19.2%

If we assume the weight that I've lost since Monday (4 lbs) is fat, the math would bring the following estimate I started at Day 1:
Weight Lean Body Mass Fat Mass Body Fat
209 165.5 43 20.6%

I could sulk in this and whatever, but I see myself as a work in progress. My goal is to look good for my pics with my first child (and the children thereafter). If there are numbers to put on it, I want to be at 10% by the end of March. Here's what that could look like:

Weight Lean Body Mass Fat Mass Body Fat
195 176 (10# gained) 20 (-23#) 9.74%

OR

Weight Lean Body Mass Fat Mass Body Fat
189 171 (6# gained) 19 (-24#) 9.52%

Without a doubt, I'm going to reach that goal. Flawless nutrition and CrossFit has done this thousands (if not millions) of times. It may end up even better than I thought, but what is REALLY important to me is to be healed up and working out and competing with my friends again!

No comments: