Thursday, January 6, 2011

DAY 4

AofM
INCREASE YOUR TESTOSTERONE

I'm a big fan of testosterone. I'm not a fan of men that would lose a fight with their girlfriends/wives... I often sit in the mall and say "She could beat him up". Its a game I can play for hours! seriously. If you see me at the mall, I AM judging you. Okay, back on track. I'm a fan of a healthy dose of testosterone. It's invigorating, it moves me forward to my goals, it makes me strong, it makes me have chest-hair like Wolverine!

Things I'm committing to from AofM's mentions are:
1) 8 hours of sleep
5) Resistance Training... in my case, trying to get that ability back. my goal is 3+ times per week since I have school and birthing classes now.
8) Eating more cruciferous vegetables.

The rest of that list I do pretty well, but I need to hone in on these. #9... I'll just leave that one alone ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Sleep
6.5 hours (like I said, hone in!)

WOD
I had class tonight so I didn't workout. But we did a lab on testing recovery heart rates in coffee drinkers. Haha! Basically we took a starting heart rate, did 50 jumping jacks, took an immediate heart rate, then again a minute later, another minute later, and another minute later. It was really sloppy the first time we did it, so we did it again for a total of 100 jumping jacks. Come to find out it is said that doing 100 jumping jacks a day can prevent osteoporosis! There you go! I fought osteoporosis in class... what did you do at 730pm? Seriously, I'll be glad for an afternoon off, and hit a workout tomorrow.

MWOD
PSOAS-STRETCH - CHECK! This is another great one for people who sit. ever.

Food/Supplement Log
BREAKFAST
- 3 eggs sunny-side up
- 3 short strips of bacon
- 16 oz coffee
- fish oil, multi-vitamin, vitamin d, arthrogenx, 8 oz water

LUNCH
- leftover grilled salmon and spinach
- 20 oz water, nuun tabs, fish oil, olive leaf complex

SNACK (a friend from work brought my order in as I was finishing my lunch!)
- chicken satay (coconut milk and spices, skewered and grilled. trust me.)
- fish oil
- another 20 oz water to follow

DINNER
- plateful Paleo turkey stuffing/casserole (sauteed onions, peppers, celery, apple, green beans, spices, 2 eggs, chicken broth, shredded turkey)
- 1/2 orange
- fistful of almonds
- fish oil, arthrogenx, cal-mag, 20 oz water

"DESSERT"
- cal-mag, fish oil, and probably more of that stuffing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Art...Don't quit your day job, but keep up the good work. XOXO -TK