Sunday, January 2, 2011

Let the good times roll!

“You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must PLAN to win, PREPARE to win, and EXPECT to win." -Zig Ziglar-

I'll be honest, my current state of fitness has me in a funk. It takes a lot to put me in a funk (outside of driving home through traffic), but I have a lot of little things plus one big thing going on, and its all adding up to make me come to an absolute halt. The long and short of it is that I have a lot of bad business going on in my hip and back, my muscles are tight everywhere, and, with the help of many professionals, I'm sure I have an inflamed S.I. Joint. Picture every time you sit, pick something up or turn in bed, the pain puts a solid grimace on your face.

The inflammation is caused by many things (particularly my negligence) coming together to prohibit me from doing what I love to do... MOVE! The causes have been namely my poor nutrition, poor warmup before a WOD, and a lack of stretching. So with the New Year, my intention is to track my every waking moment when it comes to these areas for my benefit and the benefit (or at least humor) of whoever reads this. My hope is to have some accurate body fat percentages and blood work to help give this some hard facts.

However, I think there is much more in my life that needs some improvement i.e. character. I plan to start of each daily entry with something like Scripture, an encourage phrase, thoughts to ponder (which happen a lot with the coming baby), tips from a book that I'm reading. To start off I'm going to go through something taken from ArtOfManliness.com called "30 Days to a Better Man". I know that reading my daily meals of deli meat, fruit and avocados will have you on the edge of your seat, but you might take away a thing or two from picking my brain.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Art I pray for healing and wisdom for how much or how little to work your muscles while you are in the healing process. All the best!